Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday January 7th

Thank you P & G.

P & G has done a wonderful thing and agreed to pay for a babysitter while I attend my french lessons.  We had arranged with Berlitz for lessons to be conducted at our home but for each home lesson they would have charged me 1 teaching unit for travel.  We had tried to take Samuel to Berlitz for lessons and he behaved relatively well but I was distracted and unable to concentrate.

This morning Julia visited a halte garderie (A childcare service, usually provided by the government) and we were accepted for Tuesday and Thursday afternoons beginning on the 20th.  This was also arranged by P & G.  We do not know what they did and we do not want to know what they did to get us accepted.  On Tuesday Julia was told that the halte garderie has a 6 month waiting list.  P & G made some phone calls to arrange this mornings visit and we are accepted during Julia's visit.

Samuel being in the halte garderie will allow me to start a massage practice in Paris.  It will obviously be very limited as I am able to work only 2 afternoons per week but it will allow me to have some adult interaction in English with someone other than my wife and feel that I am making a contribution to society other than being a parent..

The bad news.  The construction above us is continuing.  We have heard from neighbors and our concierge that the estimate of work has been advised to be anywhere from 2-6 months. Our landlord has not returned phone calls or e-mails.  Very, very frustrating.  We are keeping our options open.

No comments:

Post a Comment