Thursday, April 9, 2009

Samuel, the cats and child gates

As Samuel is becoming more and more mobile we have slowly been adapting by child proofing the apartment.  

Yesterday I installed a child gate to prevent Samuel from sneaking into the kitchen and drinking the cats water or eating their food.  Unfortunately our very spoiled cats sat on the hallway side of the gate and meowed and wailed as they were separated from their sustenance.  Samuel did =not like the gate when I was fixing my dinner as he was on his knees holding onto the bars looking at me with his big blue eyes asking why he was unable to play in the cats water.

When Julia returned home(she had dinner last night with a friend so that I could watch the Chelsea/Liverpool match in peace with my son) she felt sorry for the cats and propped the gate open with a box of tissues.

This morning while I was working in the office Samuel went on an excursion.  A minute after he left the office he started to cry.  I walked around the corner toward the kitchen and saw that he had removed the box of tissues and that the gate had closed behind him and that he was locked in the kitchen with no hope of escape.

From this day forward the cats will have to learn to jump the gate or we will have to move their food to another room.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment