Saturday, May 30, 2009

Survived first Paris con game with no loss, only a smile.

While Samuel and I were tacky souvenir shopping near the Louvre on Friday a man stood next to us as we were waiting to cross the street.  He suddenly bent over and appeared to pick up a gold ring from the ground.  He then proceeded to point out an engraving on the inside and showed me that the ring was not his by trying it on all his fingers.  At this point he tried to give me the ring. Under no circumstance was I going to take it but I thought I would play along at least until the light changed.  I kept pointing to my ring telling him that I was already married but thanked him anyway.  He did not see the humor in that statement.  While this was going on I was glad that I had all my valuables in my murse (man purse) and that I was holding it tight as it dawned on me that this may be a setup for a pick pocket ring.  I thought what else could it be because if I took the ring from the man what could he then do to me.  If he asks for money and I refuse to pay, what is he going to do, call the cops?

Time to go watch Chelsea beat Everton for their second FA cup in three years.

TTFN

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment