Friday, October 2, 2009

Samuel story

Tonight I was using our hallway loo (Toilet, for those of you on the other side of the Atlantic) and Samuel walked over and was waiting for me to exit.  As I exited he dropped the pacifier that he had been holding in his hand.  He started to follow me as I was leaving for the kitchen. I told him to go back and pick up his pacifier, which he did.

As he was following me through the dining room on our way into the kitchen he again dropped his pacifier.  When we entered the kitchen I told him to go back and get his pacifier. He gave me a rather quizzical look and I again told him to go back and pick up his pacifier.  He then raised his right arm and pointed in the direction of where the pacifier lay.  I told him yes, you need to go back where we were and pick up your pacifier.  He then turned around and left the kitchen and returned with the pacifier.  he received a wet kiss on the top of his blonde head, a huge hug and a thank you.

It is situations like these that ease our concerns about Samuel not verbalizing many words at this time. He clearly understands the spoken word, when he wants to, and responds appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment