Monday, October 5, 2009

A very good Sunday....

I was invited across the street to our neighbors house for a beer.  The neighbors directly across from us are a very nice couple.  He is French and she is African.  Eric has spent quite a bit of time in the US and speaks English very well.  He wife, Evelyn, speaks less English than I do French.  They have 3 boys, the oldest two speak very good english and the youngest is learning english in school.

When I went for the drink I took Samuel with me as Julia was taking a nap.  We took a few of Samuel's toys with us so he would have something to play with and not play with and break their belongings.  After a few courtesies, Eric and I sat on their terrace with Samuel and their youngest son, Lucas, who was tasked with watching Samuel.  Evelyn joined us after a few minutes and Samuel approached her handing her one of his toys and saying something that I did not understand.  They both turned to me and said that Samuel was saying tienne (not sure of spelling) but it is french for hold or take.  I was amazed and a little embarrassed.  I thought it would be a few more years before Samuel was speaking better French than I.

Also a good sports day.  The Denver Broncos(American football) won again are a perfect 4-0 for the season.  Chelsea also beat the Liverpool swimming and diving club 2-0 to regain their rightful spot atop the English premier league.

Yes, a very good day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment