Saturday, October 10, 2009

Samuel and his shoes

When I picked Samuel up at the HG today he was very excited to see me.  As I was standing at the outside door waiting to be buzzed in he saw me and ran to the inside door and began beating on it with both hands.
After I picked him up and gave him a hug and a kiss I sat him on the bench where the jackets and shoes are stored.  The shoes are stored on a small shelf under the bench.  As I sat Samuel on the bench I said, more to myself than to him, where are your shoes? as they were not in the location where I had left them earlier in the day.  Samuel immediately slid off the bench and dropped to his hands and knees and turned and reached under the bench to the shelf and removed one of his shoes.  He turned and handed the shoe to me and I asked him where his other shoe was?  He turned back to the bench reached under to the shelf and grasped his other shoe and turned and handed it to me.  He then crawled onto the bench so that I could put his shoes on his feet.  He was very happy with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment