Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A bedtime story.....

Put Samuel to bed this evening with the usual routine.  Bath, book and bed starting around 2030 and finishing near 2100.  I then came downstairs to share some time with my wife and was scolded for talking too much while she was working on the computer so I headed upstairs with my book.  As  I neared the bottom of the stairs I could hear the inchworm above me, meaning that Samuel was out of bed.  My quiet but firm request of "Samuel, go to bed", was met with a resounding howl of protest.  As I start up the stairs I spy Samuel standing near the office door.  As I reach the top of the stairs I say again, "Samuel, time for bed" as I walk towards him with my finger extending toward him. He switches the worm to his other arm and grabs my finger and we slowly(as he is wearing his sleepsack and it is the only thing that slows him down when he walks/runs) walk toward his bedroom.  With a soft squeal of protest Samuel crawls through the opening of his crib, I help him swing his legs into the crib while I bend down and give him another good night kiss on the head.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment