Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bo and Go are 28 weeks 'old'!

We had our latest scan on Tuesday and all is well.  Both little boys are growing well - they are now over a kilo each (approx 1.1kg for Bo and 1.3kg for Go) - and all seems perfectly fine with each of them.  The good news is that Bo (who will be the first one out as he is positioned slightly lower down / closer to the exit) has turned around and now has his head down.  This means that - as long as all goes well - I should be able to give birth to them both normally and without a c-section.  Go is still in breech position (head up), but hopefully he will turn around once Bo comes out and leaves him some space!  In the meantime the boys are in opposite positions, each of them with his legs curled around his brother's head.  Not quite sure what a few months of them kicking their brother in the head will do for them... but no doubt it is simply the start of a long joy-filled fraternal relationship...!!  This is apparently a normal position for twins as it allows them to make the best use of the available space, and since they are now starting to be pretty tightly squeezed into my belly, with any luck they won't move position again.

Unfortunately, no good ultrasound pictures this time - the doctor was in a rush as she was running late, and with the boys getting quite big and squeezed together, it is apparently harder.  Hopefully we will have some next month.

It seems like every time I look down my belly has expanded further.  At 6 1/2 months pregnant, I already feel almost as pregnant as I did towards the end of my pregnancy with Samuel - the twin effect.  We are hoping and planning for another 10 weeks of pregnancy (ie to end April) so that the babies aren't born before 38 weeks - which would be the best for them.  I have to admit though that I am beginning to think that by then I will be waddling around the house wearing a sheet and eating not from the table but from my own belly-table... since I won't reach the table anymore!! 

We have been watching the winter olympics and I find it increasingly amazing just what the human body is able to achieve.  Anyone that has seen the moguls skiiers (human springs!!) or the incredible stamina, determination and unbelievable dedication of these athletes has to be left in amazement.  Equally, in my own small way, I find it astonishing to see how my body continues to expand and adapt to allow our two little boys to grow happily inside me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment