Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday morning stroll in Paris

Being the wonderful husband that I am(sarcasm on) I took Samuel out for a walk this morning. We had two objectives. To find a newsstand with a daily telegraph and to find a boulangerie to purchase a pain au chocolate and croissant for Julia's breakfast. The first was, quite astonishingly, accomplished easily as the newsstand at the corner carried the Sunday telegraph. Shockingly the price was 5.20 Euros but it is worth the price to have an english language paper to read on Sunday morning. We continued our search for a boulangerie. And we continued......and we continued. Found many boulangeries, all of them closed, either for the day or the month. Eventually after walking around for 35 minutes I spotted a woman carrying a baguette. Using my private detective skills, I retraced her steps and was able to locate an open boulangerie and accomplish our last task of the morning. Julia will have her Parisian breakfast and I will have my sports page.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment