Friday, October 24, 2008

I must remember it is all about the relationship

Getting things done in Paris is all about building relationships. All the books say so, so it must be true.

Of course, no one remembers me but they do remember Samuel.  I refer to him as my get out of jail free card as I can say and do just about anything and as long as Samuel is with me my bad behavior will be tolerated.

For the last two days I have gone to our local butcher and the first day I was greeted rather coldly, today I was greeted with a smile.  Of course, it may have helped that I purchased a lot more today.

I have also been shopping at the outdoor market at the Place de Marche and I have been utilizing a single produce vendor.  Today the vendor talked to me in English and I tried to respond in french.  He asked where I was from and he told me he was from Egypt.  He also tried to educate me on how to order produce.  I hope I remember for my next visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment