Sunday, December 13, 2009

A great morning......

Sunday morning in Chatou. Woke up at 0800.  Went for another run.  So glad to have the path just outside our garden.   This morning it was quite chilly, 0 c(31 f) and the fog/mist was just beginning to lift off the river as I started my run.  Next time I go for a run I may take leftover baguette as the ducks are still on the river and their quacking adds a new sound to my run.

After the run I took a walk to the city centre and it started to snow just as I turned the corner.  Yes, I know, I have been told that it never snows in Paris.  It was warm enough where the snow melted as soon as it hit the ground but it was very serene to walk through the quiet Sunday morning streets with snow lightly swirling through the sky.

When I returned home it was time for a pain au chocolat and a mug of chocolat chaud.  With Julia still in London I took the liberty of having my Sunday morning breakfast in bed.  it was very relaxing to lay in the bed, reading a book, eating a pain au chocolat, drinking a chocolat chaud and watching the river slowly flow by.  My life is good!

It has ben quite awhile since I felt his relaxed.  It was a relief on Saturday night to sit on the couch wrapping birthday and Christmas presents and not have to worry about whether Samuel could reach the scissors and wrapping paper.

I miss Samuel and Julia terribly but I did not realize how long it had been since I have had a break from the daily routine of raising a very active and inquisitive toddler.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment