Monday, January 18, 2010

Big weekend for Samuel

Our little boy is growing up.

Tomorrow(Sunday) we are going to take a section out of his crib so that Samuel will be able to get out of the crib if  he so pleases.  He should be fine for his nighttime sleeping as he seldom wakes up in the night.  It will be interesting to see what happens during his daytime naps as he is usually awake for two of his naptimes during the week.  He is n ot usually loud or screaming.  We just hear him playing with his inch worm or his musical aquarium.

Well everything is now a day behind.  Julia had an OB appointment in Le Vesinet on Saturday morning and afterwards we stopped at the official swine flu vaccination center so that I could get my shot, Julia and Samuel had received theirs over a month ago(french bureaucracy would not allow me to get my shot at the same time or place as it was designated only for infants and pregnant woman).  Normally I would not have received the shot but because Julia is pregnant we thought it best that I receive the shot.  Especially since most hospitals are limiting visits in the maternity wards to fathers only and some even require that fathers wear masks.  We did not want my not having received the shot to be an issue when it is time for the twins to arrive.

Unfortunately I reacted badly to the shot and spent most of Sunday in bed.  We were also supposed to go on Sunday and pick up Samuel's first bed.  That trip has been postponed a week.

Well, Samuel just had his first nap in this crib with an opening.  Did not go well.  The positive aspect is that he did not fall out.  The negative is that he spent most of his nap crying and screaming(sometimes quite loudly).  He was awake when I finally went to get him at 1515.  He was awake sitting in his crib.  I had him crawl out on his own so that he learns that he can get out and not have to wait for me to come and get him

No comments:

Post a Comment