Saturday, January 30, 2010

Samuel is French, Oh no!!!!

Samuel and I took a walk to the boulangerie this morning so that Julia could sleep in.  It was a beautiful morning as the sun was rising and the snow(Yes, it is snowing again in the city where it never snows!) was gently falling.  A very enjoyable but crisp walk.  When we returned I asked Samuel to carry the baguette into the kitchen which he did enthusiastically.  When he returned to the front door I was in the process of removing my coat and shoes, so I handed him the bag containing our croissants and pains au chocolat and asked him to carry those into the kitchen.  Big mistake.

After I had finished taking of my coat and shoes I rounded the corner and spied Samuel standing in the living room with the bag on the living room table and a croissant in his hand.  Samuel had not only taken a croissant out of the bag, he had torn off one end of the croissant and was eating it while trailing crumbs all over the floor.  This is very much the French way of eating a croissant, not the crumbs, but the tearing off of a corner and eating a criossant by pieces is very French.

We need to move soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment