Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Samuel sleeping

My heart stopped this morning.  I went into Samuel's room to wake him up.  He was laying on his stomach with his arms straight out from his body with his head hanging over the edge of the mattress, looking as if he had a broken neck.

Luckily, before I panicked Samuel snorted so I knew he was okay.  I am almost 50, I do not need mornings like this.

Samuel has adapted to the opening in his crib.  Last night I had to put him to bed 4 times.  The first time I put him to bed I went into the office to check the news.  Within a minute of having sat down I heard Samuel and his inchworm plodding down the hallway.  I then put him to bed again and went downstairs.  We both heard him get out and walk to the top of the stairs, where apparently he fell asleep.  When he did wake up he started to cry while laying on the floor outside the closed office door.

The difficulty getting him to sleep last night was a surprise as he did not nap well.  For the last two days he has crawled out of the crib and spent most of his nap time sitting at the top of the stairs, quietly(thankfully) waiting for me to come upstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment