Sunday, February 15, 2009

A very difficult day.......

For Valentine's day, which we do not celebrate, as Julia thinks it is just a hallmark holiday, we went to our favorite restaurant, La Village de Neuilly.  Julia changed her main course from the entrecote to the pave while I had the avocado and shrimp entree for the first time. 

I am only mentioning the previous evening as we ate more that evening then we had the entire week preceding.  Julia had the profiteroles for dessert and I had the molten lava cake.  Julia was unable to finish her profiteroles and I, being a gentlemen, finished them for her as it is considered rude in French culture to not clear one's plate.

Woke up on Sunday not feeling well, hopefully due to the amount that I ate and drank as we shared a full bottle of Lalande de Pomerol.

For the last 90 minutes Julia has been laying on the couch, Samuel asleep on her chest, reading the latest by Henning Mankell. I have been laying on the bed, with Molson sprawled across my lap, enjoying a Michael Chabon novel.   Very difficult day.

Hopefully, Samuel will awake soon so that he can eat, so that we can eat and then we can enjoy the nice weather and go for a walk in the park before it gets dark.

_Dave 


No comments:

Post a Comment