Thursday, September 10, 2009

I am not Samuel's grandfather...

Do I really look that old?

Samuel and I walked to the city centre this morning to buy some fruit, veggies and meat. The proprietor of the fruit stand asked me if I was Samuel's grandfather. I felt like taking my business to the other fruit stand in the centre. But they usually treat us well. Samuel always receives a hello and a wave when we enter. So they are forgiven.

Julia had some of her staff over for dinner on Monday night. A very interesting evening. I have been told that it is rude by french standards to discuss business until the meal has concluded. They did not seem interested in talking to me about other subjects. As soon as Julia left the table they began conversing in French and I was left on my own. Both of us were shocked by this as it is very rude and classless to speak a foreign language in your host's home when you know that they do not speak the language well. Rant over.

Samuel did not attend HG today but will attend from 1000-1600 tomorrow and if all goes well he will began his normal schedule of 0900-1700 every Wednesday and Friday next week.

Sorry, I have to be political for a moment.

Obama- You lie.

Congressman Wilson- You lie.

Yes, I am proud to be an American.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment