Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Molson the protector.....

Last night while eating dinner we heard a screech from outside.  At first I thought it was Preacher as it was a high pitched screech.  But she was lying under the table.  Julia and I rushed onto the terrace to see Molson in a faceoff with white spotted neighborhood cat.  As I approached the cats the white one turned and ran with Molson following close behind.  They then headed for a shrub at the end of the terrace.  At Julia's urging I followed as she was worried that Molson would be hurt.  When I reached the end of the terrace I was encased in a large spider web.  Containing a very large spider.  I felt like Frodo in Shelob's lair.  I was able to extricate myself from the web(did I mention that it was dark).  I was able to force Molson from under the shrub and he ran into the front yard with the white cat remaining under the shrub.

Molson has become even more adventerous as he now leaves our enclosed yard.  I was standing at the kitchen sink washing Samuel's bottles the other night when I saw Molson strolling across our street toward our driveway gate which he subsequently crawled under to return to our yard.  Molson also has us trained so that when we have the terrace door closed he just jumps onto the windowsills and we open a window and he enters the house through the window.

No comments:

Post a Comment